We here at Garden Seventeen love to support our fellow local businesses and creatives. Throughout the year, we host vendor markets that are open to local Austin makers! Vendors in the past have told us that their most successful markets were held at our shop! Please read the following information carefully before sending in a submission form.
What You Need To Know:
- A submission form will be available at the bottom of this page during our open calls. That is where you will give us all the information on your business. Open calls occur a month or so before the event and will be announced via Instagram, Facebook, and our weekly newsletter.
- We do not charge for booth space, however we ask that our vendors agree to follow a few simple rules. These rules are in place to maximize our space and minimize the spread of Covid 19!
- Covid rules will be applied according to which stage Travis county is in. For more detailed information see the “Covid Related Requirements” section below.
- Booth spaces are located in front of our front entrance. The area is used as a parking lot during non market weekends and is not 100% level. Please keep this in mind when packing items for the market. Tables are easy to level off if you bring the right materials!
Vendor Market Rules
- Vendors must be set up for both days (Saturday and Sunday) of the event.
- Unless otherwise stated, set up time is 9am with a tear down time of 4pm. Everything needs be ready for the public by 10AM each day. No tearing down early and items can’t be left on site between market days.
- Vendors will need to bring their own table, tent (mandatory), signage, and seating.
- TENTS ARE REQUIRED!! The tent/canopy should be 10X10 no bigger no smaller.
- Vendors must have weights to weigh down the tent.
- If a vendor requires electricity, they must bring their own extension cords and let us know ahead of time.
- If a vendor is currently partnered with us and is selling products in our store, the products sold at this festival will be from our stock at Garden Seventeen. The customers of partnered vendors will need to be checked out at one of our registers.
- Items sold at the market can be a “spicy” PG-13 because we do see visitors of all ages! If you have something slightly more inappropriate for young eyes, we ask that those items be kept in an area that is less noticeable or marked with “18+ items”. If you’re wondering if an item is okay or not, email us some photos! Our goal is not to censor your art but to create a safe space for all who visit our markets!
- If you want to apply with another person and share a single booth space, send in one submission with both of the artist’s information in a form.
Covid Related Requirements
- Masks will be required to be worn correctly and at all times during Stage 4 and 5 for Travis County. We urge vendors to bring something to clean between shoppers, as well as hand sanitizer. We ask that your interactions with customers be as contactless as possible!
- There will be no more than two people sitting at/running a booth during stage 4 and 5 for Travis County. We know you may have friends that come to see your booth, but they will not be permitted to hang around your space for too long. We want to keep the flow moving and prevent too many people from gathering in a space at once.
Stage 5: Masks are required to be on and worn properly for all vendors, staff, and customers. Only 2 people running a booth at once.
Stage 4: Masks are required for staff, non-vaccinated vendors and customers, and highly encouraged for all vaccinated vendors and customers. Only 2 people running a booth at once.
Stage 3 or below: Masks required for all non-vaccinated staff, vendors, and customers. Optional for those who are vaccinated. You may have more than two people running a booth at once.
The submission form will only be found below during our open call period. If the form is not there, we ask that you stay up to date on future events and open calls by following our instagram, Facebook, and subscribing to our weekly newsletter.
Space is limited and sending in a submission form does not automatically give you a spot.
We hope to have you as a vendor at our next event!